Lets assume we install CI at our local Server.I use xampp where its default root directory is htdocs.
- First we have to download codeigniter from http://www.codeigniter.com/
- Now unzip it to our server (inside htdocs folder).
- Now rename Codeigniter folder to any name (such as ci).
- Now if we browse http://localhost/ci/, we will see a welcome screen.
- If we see the welcome screen means we successfully installed codeigniter.
- If we want to install it to live server copy all files inside ci folder to live sites root directory.
- Now if we browse the site we will see the welcome screen now.
- You can delete user_guide folder.